The way we streamline our work processes allows us to fully realise our goals within a company and bring them into the forefront of our business. With the modern expectations and highly competitive markets that the majority of industries belong to, finding ways to play the game in the most effective way takes planning and structure that usually involves a digital element.
When it comes to the improvement of warehouse automation and deployment, digitalisation is a key tool that will streamline the management and overall results within a warehouse. Whether you’re storing perishable goods or furniture, fashion items or children’s toys, there’s always a need for some sort of digital backing and organisation of your stock within your warehouse.
At 4Sight we understand the necessities of the industry and the expectations from your client base. We also understand that streamlining your warehouse is only possible through digitalisation. With our expertise in the technological side and your expertise in the industry specifics, together we can create an automation plan that will improve the standards and working environment of your warehouse management.
What is warehouse automation?
Let’s start from the beginning and understand what warehouse automation is and how it can help your business thrive in this cut throat industry and competitive market.
Warehouse automation is the process of converting manual tasks into automated task. By replacing manual jobs with robot operated processes, a company is reducing many hours of intense labour, decreasing the margin of error drastically and even freeing up time for all those employees whose time was previously spent on manual labour jobs, replacing their efforts with human-element requiring tasks.
The RPA (Robotic Process Automation) can refer to vehicles used for transportation, forklifts to take on the heavy lifting of large stock items and other tools that will make the workload of all employees a far easier task. But this does not only limit itself to tedious man-power jobs that require strength and effort, it also stretches on to the more time-consuming and meticulous work such as stock taking, marketing of products and categorising of goods.
With an automated warehouse system you will be able to have a bird’s eye view of the operations stock at all times – making it far easier to pinpoint weak areas within the company. This is where Digitalisation comes into play.
What is Digitalisation and how can it benefit a Warehouse environment?
The efficiency of your warehouse and all the expectations attached to the running of a warehouse rely greatly on your stock taking measures as well as your storage methods and systems. With a digitalisation plan in order you will be able to keep track and locate your goods in a simple easy-to-use method that can all be accessed through digital technology.
Here are some of the aspects you will notice an efficient improvement in:
- Faster Warehouse Processes
With a speedier system you will be able to focus on expansion, business development and staff optimisation.
- Full Transparency of Goods
With a clear vision of all your goods, waste, overordering and overstocked units will be a thing of the past.
- Reduced Errors and Setbacks
With a digitalization system you will be able to rely on your numbers and stick to them without setbacks and errors.
- Real-Time Updates and Checks
With 24/7 updates you will be able to keep track of what is going on in your warehouse 100% of the time.
- Remote Access and Improved Mobility
With better mobility options you will be able to keep track of everything upon your shelves and in your loading docks from a remote location.
- Visualisation of Space and Storage
You will also literally be able to move around the warehouse with ease, purpose and improved visibility of your products – with a clear path and vision in sight.
What sort of tools are needed for Warehouse Digitalisation?
Apart from the simple fixes that 4Sight will put into play for your warehouse, you will also benefit greatly from a number of automated devices that are key to the trade and the industry. Some of these include:
- Automated Picking Tools: such as forklifts, trolleys and other mobility improving tools.
- Automated Storage and Retrieval Systems (AS/RS): such as databases and stock-taking apparatus.
- Drones and Autonomous Guided Vehicles: for increased access to all areas resulting in key time-saving.
If you are still not sure whether you need to improve your warehouse’s digitalisation tools for increased performance in the industry, speak to 4Sight for some prospective results that you can expect once automation is applied to your business model. Here are a few signs that you might benefit from a warehouse digitalisation improvement:
- You have a lack of clarity when it comes to your stock numbers and you find yourself rechecking and re-counting your units – wasting valuable time in the process.
- Your team is slow to load and dispatch and order due to the strenuous and disorganised setup of your automation process – causing poor working environments and client complaints.
- Your warehouse working ground is not used to the maximum of its potential – making stocktaking, inventory and warehouse management a nightmare.
- You have way too much paperwork, often resulting in lost documents and missing files – creating tension and stress in the workplace.
- You are experiencing a great deal of returns and complaints that are mostly due to stock taking inaccuracies and inconsistent stock taking systems.
- You have a large number of employees but the efficiency ratio is not working out for you – leaving you with the only option to employ more staff.
- You have safety issues in your warehouse and are worried that one of your staff might get hurt – this is due to the lack of systems in the warehouse and the urgency created due to inefficient stock taking or inventory.
If this sounds like your situation, if you are hoping to achieve better goals and targets with your digitalisation plan for your warehouse goal’s get in touch with 4Sight today for a quotation – our professionals will guide you along the digitised way.
Our vision for your warehouse is to be completely automated and digitised for a full scale achievement of your company goals. With 4Sight’s strategic planning and technological expertise, your warehouse dreams can become a reality.